I am quite happy with the way this seasons appears to be turning out, even if its Red Bull/Macca at the top, since the middlefield looks to be one of the closest in years. Lotus, Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Sauber, Force and Toro are all close to each other which promises for some intriguing stuff, especially should something happen to the maccas and bulls on a race.
Some quick cliff notes:
-Impressive from Button, it's clear that his driving style works better on these tyres and this car than Hamiltons.
- Vettel recovered from a somewhat lacklustre quali nicely, second place is far from shabby.
- Hamilton was one of the biggest losers in the race, third from pole isn't that great especially since he lost it on the track instead of hijinks or shenanigans.
- Webber finally broke the curse and beat his Minardi-result. Thumbs up for Mark, though he REALLY should start to practice those starts.
- A decent job from Alonso, even though he was in all kinds of trouble from Maldonado, there really is no question who is the better Ferrari-driver. Though he was quite far from the first four. methinks Pram will be devoid of all toys soon enough.
- Koba drove a great, great race. Even with a dis-integrating rear wing he pulled nice moves and it seems like Sauber does have nice pace. That makes me a happy man.
- From 17th to 7th after a 2 year break, anyone mind arguing that Kimi has lost his edge hmm? Some nice moves from him too. Shame his quali was a disaster. Had he gotten to Q3, he propably could've been scrapping if not for podium, then atleast with Alonso.
- Vergne and Ricciardo both did quite well, Ricciardo showed right from the bat that he has great potential, and I was positively surprised by Vergne, even if he got dropped out of points on the last second. Looking good for the Toros
- Perez had a great race, from the last place to points is no easy task. Again showing that a different tyre strategy CAN work. Shame about the last lap.
- Nico really doesn't change does he? He's picked up right where he left off. Not a race winner but not really a midfielder either. Shame about the last lap.
- Di Resta put a cheeky move on Vergne, but otherwise a bit anynomous. I'm still not impressed by him.
- Pastor... Pastor, pastor, pastor. I knew he'd bin it eventually. A great race for 57.5 laps though. Shame he didn't take Alonso with him. Once he gets that blunder-habit out of the way, he might just be Williams' last, best hope for success.
- Marussia was totally anynomous. Why are they even there?
- Massa... His days in F1 are numbered. A DAMN shame, seems like he never did recover from that crash. A great tragedy of the sport.
- Why is Bruno here? He clearly doesn't belong.
- So Power Steering cost Petrovs race and something cost Kovalainen's. wassupwitdat Caterham? Speewise they were exactly where they left off. Behind the midfield, ahead of the backmarkers.
- Schuey... shame his car broke. Methinks we're goin to see more of him sooner than later.
- Grosjean got extremely unlucky, it was a very tiny contact, or so it seemed. Just hit a bad spot. Stay tuned, as I don't think he's finished just yet.
- The jury is still out for Hulkenberg.
Also. RÄIKKÖNEN (or RAIKKONEN) NOT RAIKONNEN. ITS NOT SO BLOODY HARD TO SPELL UNLESS YOU GOT A SEVERE CASE OF DYSLEXIA.
Last edited by DonTirri
on 18 Mar 2012, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)