So, seeing as it is most likely gonna be down to Rubens and Jenson, one has to look back at the history of teammates fighting for the title.
In the light of history, there is a big chance that we can expect controversy in one of the last three races. I mean seriously, when hasn't there been controversy or a third driver snatching the title in situations when two teamies are equally fighting for the title (so that rules out 92 and 77)
All I can think of is the 1979 championshipbattle between Villeneuve and Scheckter, even though Im not sure about that either.
But outside of that, what have happened on years when teamies fight on equal grounds?
- 1984 Lauda takes the title on half a point, even though Prost was clearly the quicker driver. Prost blamed the loss on Monaco.
- 1986 Mansell and Piquet are at each others throats and Prost ends up snatching the title at Adelaide.
- 1987 The relationship between Nelson and Nigel deteriorates to the point of public slander. Piquet takes the title with Nigel whining like a lil baby.
- 1988 Prost is taken by surprise by the young gun Senna, relationship deteriorates thorough the season. Prost blamed the loss on the "idiotic points system"
- 1989 Suzuka. Thats all that needs to be said.
- 2007 Alonso and Hamilton just can't get along and Kimi snatches away the title.
So, in light of history, does anyone else expect that either we'll see Button click Rubens off the road at Brazil or Vettel snatching the title from under the Brawns noses?
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)